Portrait Retouching and Fine Art Edits
Specializing in newborn, baby, and family portraiture
For portrait photographers that serve families, outsourcing your portrait retouching and editing can be a game changer when it comes to creating the business and life that you dream of. Have you found yourself spending more time with your computer than your family? Hiring a custom editor can help you get. your. life. back. It frees up countless precious hours in your business that allow you to focus on more important things- whether that’s serving and shooting more clients or spending your free time with those you love the most- significantly reducing your stress levels and and simply making life more enjoyable.
I myself am a newborn and family photographer, and I happen to LOVE editing portraits. Let me do the tedious, time-consuming work of retouching and editing your sessions so you can focus on what matters. Nervous about letting someone edit your images? I get it. (I know I’d have a hard time letting go!) I work one-on-one with you every step of the way to ensure that I understand your needs and can achieve beautiful edits that reflect your brand’s style. Beautifully retouched artistic edits are what I do, and meticulous attention to detail and thoughtful service is how I do it. I’d love to partner with you as your custom editor. Drop me a line to discuss your next project!
SLP FINE ART EDITS: starting at $2.50/image
- Basic skin retouching (blemish removal, undereye circle lightening, wrinkle smoothing)
- Basic background extending (without masking)
- Basic liquifying (smoothing bulges, rounding wraps)
- Color and skin tone correction
- Facial feature enhancement (teeth whitening, eye brightening, lash darkening)
- Cropping (if desired)
- Exposure correction
- Toning/matte finishes
ADVANCED/CUSTOM EDITS: starting at $5/image
- Composites: removing spotter’s hands, face swaps, limb swaps,
- Creative composites with digital backgrounds, overlays
- Advanced liquifying (body shaping, facial contouring)
- Advanced background removal (with masking) or Advanced cloning
- Advanced Skin Retouching
I’m a one-woman shop and work with only a select number of photographers at one time, to ensure that my turnaround is quick! However, from time to time I may get several galleries in line to edit. In this case, I will always let you know if my turnaround will be extended, before you hire me. (To ensure the quickest turnaround, please schedule your edit 1-2 weeks prior to shooting it, so that I can include it on my calendar and put it first in line. 🙂
Turnaround (for scheduled edits):
Up to 20 images: 24 hours
30 images: about 48 hours
40-50 images: about 3-4 days
Rush orders will be completed between 24 and 48 hours, depending on gallery size.
Rush charge for up to 20 images: $35
Rush charge for 20 or more images: equal to Editing fee
HOW IT WORKS:
- Email me a link (or a screenshot) of the gallery you’d like to have edited. I will preview the work needed for your images and respond the same day with a firm quote, so you’ll always know the cost upfront. (Be sure to make any specific requests for custom or advanced work such as composites or overlays at this time.)
- If you’d like to move ahead, I’ll email you an invoice (which you can easily pay online) and a link to a shared folder on my Google drive. Then simply drop your images (RAW, TIF, or JPGs) into the folder and I’ll get to work! PLEASE NOTE: Invoices must be paid in full before edited files are returned.
Q: Do you edit test images?
A: Yes! I will gladly edit 3 complimentary images for you so you can see my edits for yourself. Just get in touch to set up a test edit!
Q: What kind of files to you need?
A: RAW files are best- they give me the most flexibility in editing. However, PSDs, TIFs, and JPGs are fine also. If you need any assistance in determining the best files to use, don’t hesitate to ask! All finished edits will be delivered as full-resolution JPGs, unless otherwise requested.
Q: But my style seems different than your own portrait work- Can you still edit my images so they look like mine?
A: Of course! Whether your style is clean, light and airy, or a moody, rich matte edit, I can do whatever is needed to achieve it. And this is why I communicate one-on-one with you throughout the entire editing process- I’m only a phone call or text away!
Q: Can I apply my favorite presets before I send my files to you?
A: Yes, please do! Artists often have signature presets or actions that they apply to all their galleries. Feel free to send me TIFs with this signature look already applied. Then leave the rest to me! 🙂
Q: DO you guarantee your work?
A: Yes! If for any reason you are unhappy with your edits, simply get in touch with me and I’ll make sure to rework them until they’re right.