I’m so glad you’re considering Sarah Lake Photography for your family’s portraits!
I hold newborn and baby sessions in my San Antonio, TX home studio and shoot family, child, and senior portrait sessions on location in San Antonio using natural light.
My goal is to give each of my clients a relaxed, memorable, and (most importantly) FUN experience. I am committed to providing exceptional service and an experience worthy of your investment, and to help you choose the art and heirlooms your family will cherish for years to come.
- All SLP sessions are conveniently all-inclusive, with all of the retouched high-resolution digital images from your session (and a print release) INCLUDED in one simple fee.
- A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to book your session and is applied toward your session fee. The remaining balance is due one week prior to shooting.
- All sessions also include a pre-consultation, professional editing/retouching, photographer’s time & talent before/during/after your session, and an online gallery for additional product ordering.
- Though SLP sessions are all-inclusive, we are also a full-service studio! We offer gorgeous custom print products and heirlooms that can be passed on for generations. See our product menu of amazing keepsakes HERE. I am more than happy to help you choose products that are perfect for your family. You are also welcome to come to the studio to view all the product samples and decide in person. The choice is yours!
- All prices are subject to TX state and local sales tax.
- I am an insured and registered business (LLC) through the state of Texas and Bexar County.
Where are you located?
- My home studio- where I shoot all newborn and baby sessions- is located in northern San Antonio, near the TPC San Antonio golf course. I serve families from San Antonio and the surrounding areas of Boerne, Bulverde, New Braunfels, Austin, Helotes, Lackland AFB, Randolph AFB, and Fort Sam Houston. I travel to on-location sites within the northern San Antonio area (for outdoor family and senior sessions) and can travel beyond 25 miles of 78261 for an additional travel fee.
When should I book a newborn session?
- As soon as you can! Since you’ll have a general idea of your due date, it’s best to book as soon as possible to ensure availability of that timeframe. (Ideally, though, at least by the second trimester). Booking early is also beneficial as I book only a limited number of newborn sessions each month in order to allow the best possible customer service to each of my clients before, during, and after their session.
- Sessions are typically held when baby is under two weeks of age– after baby has established a nursing pattern and tends to sleep frequently, but before common occurrences like baby acne or -(like my son)- losing the hair on top of their head! 🙂
What’s included with the session fee? When do we pay it?
- SLP sessions are simple and all-inclusive, with ALL of the hand-edited high-resolution digital images from your session (and a print release) INCLUDED in one simple fee. A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to book your session and is applied toward your session fee. The remaining balance is due one week prior to shooting.
- Though all SLP sessions are conveniently all-inclusive, we are, and always will be a full-service studio! We offer high-quality, beautiful custom print products and heirlooms. You can view our gorgeous products in our Product Menu HERE. Sarah is more than happy to assist you in choosing art and heirlooms that are a perfect fit for your family’s lifestyle and budget! As always, complimentary payment plans are welcome.
- Due to the custom and downloadable nature of digital files, session fees are non-refundable. However, if for some reason you must reschedule your session, your deposit and/or session fee may be transferred to another session date if sufficient notice is given (based on availability).
What if we only want a few shots to update our family photo for Christmas cards?
- It sounds like a “mini” session might be perfect for you! Limited-Edition Mini sessions may be periodically offered throughout the year. Typically, they will be around 20 minutes long, and will include about 5-10 professionally edited digital images. They’re perfect for having a wonderful family photo for Christmas cards, celebrating a milestone, or just having some fun creating some great photographs. Follow Sarah Lake Photography, LLC on Facebook and be the first to hear about them!
My 2 year old is really stubborn! What if he doesn’t cooperate?
- Please know that I have extensive experience with stubborn children, as I have two of my own! BUT HERE IS MY MOST IMPORTANT TIP: Please don’t worry about feeling the need to discipline your children during your session! If they’re acting crazy, pouting, picking their noses, pretending that they are batman, or you’re just afraid they’re not “cooperating”…. It’s okay! REALLY! Not only am I used to it, I expect it! Let ME worry about any shenanigans. During your session, I’ll be a lot like their teacher or coach (and thus they’ll always listen to me better than mom and dad anyway!)😝 Trust me, I can handle it! The most important thing for you to do is to JUST. HAVE. FUN. I mean that sincerely. Enjoy your session as the memorable time with your family that it is- shenanigans and all- and we’ll make images that you love. 🙂
How do we contact you?
- Any way you’d like! You can reach me by phone at: (301) 202-1062, email me at: email@example.com, or drop me a quick line through the CONTACT tab on my home page. 🙂